The software program SEM (short for Simple Exchange Messages) consists of a number of components which together form the basis of this software system. With these components messages to and from patients in health care can be sent and received in a safe way.
SEM is based on the client/server model. A major advantage of client/server technology is such that it can send messages to offline clients.
● client / server technology
● more than 1.000 concurrent connections (depending on server configuration)
● supports sending messages to offline users
● user authentication via password
● message store on the client side
● search for posts
● strong encryption of network traffic
● network data compression
● Clients: Windows XP, 7 and 8
● Servers: Windows Server 2003 and 2008